Wednesday 15 June 2016

Soggy summer in the park

It was lovely and sunny yesterday morning so I decided to go for another walk in the park.  It was a big mistake!  I forgot to take an umbrella and had not been there very long when the heavens opened. 

Luckily, there was no lightning, so I sheltered under a tree by the lake.  It was very pretty with a view of azaleas, irises and all sorts of greenery.

Shelter under the tree during heavy rain
 Also, in the distance, was a Mute swan and her cygnets.  There is a lot of green algae in the water at the moment, which does not look very attractive.  I suppose it must provide extra food for the waterbirds.

Mute swan and 6 cygnets in the rain
While I was still sheltering, a group of Mallards swam across the centre of the lake.  Well, it was good weather for ducks!

4 Mallards with Mute swan and cygnets in the background
I had to take shelter for quite a while.  In the end, I got fed up and gave up standing under the tree. Needless to say, I got very wet while walking to the underground station.  I had decided to take a tube train home rather than walk - I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment