Friday 17 June 2016

Heron poses - I need help with flight photography


I love watching herons.  This one was standing by the side of the lake in Battersea Park and was looking very handsome.  I love the long pink legs and great head-dress of long black feather stitcking out at the back of it's head.
Heron standing by the edge of the lake
The heron bent down and had a drink.  Was it also looking at it's reflection in the water?
Heron bending down and drinking at the water's edge
The heron then decided that enough was enough and it didn't want it's photograph taken any more.  It opened it's great big wings and flew off to the other side of the lake - far away from the silly amateur photographer.
Heron in flight over the lake and with it's reflection in the water
I am absolutely useless at photographing birds in flight, so if anyone has any tips for me, please leave a comment.  I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment