Monday 29 July 2024

Wildlife at Lytchett Bay and on soggy Brownsea Island - 8th and 9th July 2024

I arrived at Rockley Bay, near Poole, in the afternoon and it was too early to check-in, so I had to wander around the area for some time.  I decided to walk over to Lytchett Bay, which was not very far away from the holiday park.  Unfortunately, the weather was not great.

 Little Egret in drizzle

Another Little Egret, with a snack, in the rain!

The weather brightened up during for a short while as I walked past this Small Skipper butterfly on a thistle-like flower

The next day I went to Brownsea Island and saw a Common Tern with a Sand Eel from one of the bird hides at the lagoon

Redshank in the rain - also viewed from the bird hide

Shelducks, Terns and lots of distant Oystercatchers

Adult Common Terns and a juvenile Tern on an island in front of the bird hide

Unfortunately it rained all day, so I decided to leave the island early and go back in order to relax in the mobile home at the holiday park.

No comments:

Post a Comment