Friday 19 July 2024

Visit to Elmley nature reserve on 9th June 2024

After we checked out of our hotel in Sheerness on the last morning of our weekend on the Isle of Sheppey, we drove to Elmley nature reserve.  

We were too early so had to wait outside the gates where I saw a Goldfinch perching on a twig

Marsh Harrier some distance away

First time I have ever seen a Redshank perching on the top of a bush



Female Common Pochard with her ducklings

Two Shepherd's Huts available to rent

Buildings in front of a lagoon at Elmley

Yellow Wagtail viewed from the car along the long entrance/exit track


Closest I have ever been to a Lapwing, also seen from the car while exiting Elmley

Unfortunately, as we were going back home after the weekend away, we did not have enough time to explore Elmley nature reserve properly.  I will definitely have to go back there on my own at some time in the future if I can find a viable way to get there by public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment