Monday 22 July 2024

Rainy walk over St. Abbs Head, Scotland, ending with Yellowhammer on the path on way back to St. Abbs - 16th June 2022

It was dry when I set off for a walk over St. Abbs Head in Scotland

View of three distant yachts from the cliffs at the beginning of my walk


The village of St. Abbs is in the distance

Guillemots on the rocks - by now it was raining!

Lighthouse and foghorn at the top of the cliff

A few Gannets among a lot of Guillemots on a protruding rock



Looking down at the lake on St. Abbs Head

I walked up via the cliff path, which would have been too treacherous for me to go down in the rain as there were lots of uneven steps in the rock, and was happy to see that there was a road on the other side of the cliff - so that's the way I went back!


I was glad I walked back on the road as I met this lovely Yellowhammer there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment