Tuesday 2 April 2024

Walk from Holkham beach to Wells-next-the-sea on 6th March 2024 with birds and other things

While I was staying on the North Norfolk coast in early May, I decided to go to Holkham beach to see if I could find the visiting Shore Larks.  I walked along Lady Anne's Drive in order to reach the beach.

The first birds I saw were a couple of Oystercatchers.  This happened as I was photographing them!


I found the Shore Larks in a roped-off area at the back of the beach.  They were very distant!





I then decided to walk through the pines to Wells-next-the-sea where I saw some interestingly-shaped trees


A tree had fallen across the path and I had to crawl under it

Beach huts line the back of the beach at Wells

There was a Red-breasted Merganser in a water channel near the beach

A Redshank was patrolling the edge of the river

Male Linnet perching on a shrub at the edge of the path that leads from the beach to the town

A boat went along the river and disturbed a small group of Brent geese that had been feeding in the water


Horse sculpture in Wells - now commemorating the 200th anniversary of the RNLI

 


No comments:

Post a Comment