Tuesday 16 April 2024

Birds at Brancaster Staithe and wildlife at Holkham Hall during my last day in north Norfolk - 9th March 2024

I walked along to Brancaster Staithe on my last day in north Norfolk to catch a quick glimpse of the birds there during the early morning low tide before getting the bus to Holkham.

A Black-tailed Godwit in breeding plumage was searching for breakfast in the mud

The Godwit was joined by an Oystercatcher

A Curlew was also searching for breakfast

Brent geese were on the move

 After the quick birding search at Brancaster Staithe, I got the bus to Holkham and walked along Lady Anne's drive to the coast.

View of Holkham Gap from the boardwalk leading down to the beach

I was unlucky this time and didn't see any Snow Buntings in the roped-off area near the beach.  Other people were looking for them too.  Apparently they had moved on to the other side of the Gap.

I then walked up to Holkham Hall and walked round the grounds where I saw a lot of deer

Three Tufted ducks and a leaping Little Grebe were visible on the lake

Two Muntjac deer were wandering along one of the paths

The Coke Monument towered above me

Female deer were gathered together

A stag stared at me

More deer were scattered around the park

I was intrigued to discover that a group of Oystercatchers were visiting the park too


No comments:

Post a Comment