Wednesday 10 April 2024

Snow Bunting-less walk along the cliffs from Weybourne to Sheringham - 8th March 2024

On 8th March I went on the bus to Weybourne and walked along the cliff path to the area where Snow Buntings had recently been seen.  A few other people with scopes were there, but none of us found the elusive little birds!  I eventually gave up looking and decided to walk along the path to Sheringham.

View of the Coastguard cottage on the cliffs at Weybourne

It was very windy - no wonder the Snow Buntings were hiding!

I encountered this steep hill along the edge of the cliff

I then had to climb an even steeper cliff before reaching Sheringham

I managed to see a large fish on the beach!

The usual Turnstones were running around on the promenade - this one posed for me on a wall

Group of Turnstones sheltering from the wind on a large rock

In fact, I really wanted to see the Purple Sandpipers that had been spotted in Sheringham only that morning and which had apparently disappeared between the rocks, but it was so windy along the sea front at Sheringham that I decided to give up altogether.  I ended up spending the afternoon at Cley Marshes nature reserve instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment