Sunday 30 June 2024

Birds at Bempton Cliffs and walk back to Thornwick Bay along foggy cliffs - 21st May 2024

This time I went by bus to Bridlington and then train to Bempton.  I walked along Cliff Road to the RSPB nature reserve as it was slightly easier than the walk from Thornwick Bay along the cliffs.

The first bird I saw was a male Pheasant in long grass at the edge of the woodland path

The Pheasant moved into a field and started eating whatever was on the soil!

I liked the pretty Pink Campion flowers that were all around the reserve

A Puffin was standing inside a dark cave towards the bottom of a cliff

Pair of Fulmars cuddling up together on the cliff

It was still windy and the Northern Gannets were slowly coasting along the cliffs

Puffin sitting in the middle of two pairs of Razorbills



Three Puffins were standing on another part of the rocky cliffs

More Gannets were flying along the edge of the cliffs

A Meadow Pipit stared at me from the top of a post

Three Puffins were standing on the lower part of the cliff as I began by walk back to Thornwick Bay

Sea fret was rolling in and covering the view of the cliffs

Three Fulmars were sitting on the cliff in the mist

The Fulmars are towards the top right, just below the grass on top of the cliff

Young Gannet flying in the mist

There was a break in the mist and I clearly saw a Puffin

The sea fret started to thicken and obscured my view of the fields at the back of the Campion flowers

Meadow Pipit in the mist

Mist-covered Puffins

Another misty Meadow Pipit perching on the end of a thin twig

I could hardly see the mobile homes in Thornwick Bay Holiday Park - my destination!


No comments:

Post a Comment