Thursday 3 January 2019

Autumn walk in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens

A month or so ago my camera and I went for several walks in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.  There is always some interesting wildlife to see there.

A white mallard/domestic drake in the sunshine on the Serpentine

A handsome robin trying to disguise itself amongst the leaves on a pine tree in the Leaf Yard

A Mistle Thrush high up in the bare branches on a tree at the end of Kensington Gardens near Lancaster Gate

A Jay hopping around in the grass amongst the fallen leaves and berries from a rowan tree

Another robin posing on a thin branch at the base of the rowan tree

A Green Woodpecker popping it's head out of the long grass in order to see what I was up to while lurking with my camera underneath a nearby tree

These are just a few out of many photographs that I took during my walks and I have to say that I was really thrilled to have seen the Green Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment