I had been hoping to see a Yellowhammer during my week in East Yorkshire, but it only happened on my last morning when I went to the back of the lake where I had previously seen the lovely Brown Hare
A walk along the path behind the hedge on the border of the holiday park produced a Common Whitethroat
a Small Tortoiseshell butterfly
a Painted Lady butterfly
a rather distant male Linnet
and a very quickly disappearing Skylark
On the side of the site near the sea, I came across a Meadow Pipit perching on a bramble
The field on the cliff in front of the holiday park was full of grass stems swaying in the wind
and beautiful yellow Meadow Buttercups
There were some lovely mauve Poppies by one of the entrances to Thornwick nature reserve
I spent a great week on the East Yorkshire coast with all sorts of weather - sun, heat, wind, rain, thunder and lightning - and had a really great time. I hope I will be able to go there again next year!

















No comments:
Post a Comment