Tuesday 8 August 2017

George Clooney's villa on Lake Como

At the beginning of June I was staying with friends in a secluded mountainside villa hideaway above Bellagio on Lake Como.  Of course, no trip to the lake would be complete without a trip past Villa Oleandra, George Clooney's villa in Laglio, on the edge of Lake Como.

We took a ferry from Bellagio to Como.  I am an ignorant silver surfer and was completely unaware that we would be passing Villa Oleandra during our journey, but a young couple that were sitting behind us had an app on their phone that showed pictures of all the villas lining the lake that were owned by famous people.  They showed me a photo of George's villa on their phone and, when I looked up, we were actually approaching it in real life!

This photo with the villa in the distance is a little blurred - I was on a fast-moving ferry and had to take photographs through the window as the cabin was enclosed rather than open-air, as I had hoped.


There was no sign of anyone being at home.  Of course, the Clooney's were not there as they were in England at the time as Amal was due to give birth to their twins.


I was surprised that there were a lot of other villas near to and overlooking the Clooney's villa - I thought that it would be more secluded.


No comments:

Post a Comment