Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Walk round the lake and visit to the Old English Garden in Battersea Park - 3rd September 2026

I began my walk by the lake where I came across these two grey/white pigeons - I don't normally take photographs of pigeons, but I had not seen any in this colourway before

There were not many ducks on the lake, apart from the usual Mallards and Coots, but this female Common Pochard was amongst them

There were some lovely berries on this shrub at the edge of the lake

A Jay was perching on a tree branch - unfortunately in a dark area so I had to lighten the picture

Pampas Grass in the sunlight near the lake

I saw a Willow Emerald damselfly perching on a stem

and a Speckled Wood butterfly on a leaf

and also a Common Darter dragonfly resting on railings

There were still some beautiful pink Roses in the Rose Garden

and some purple Verbena

Huge Cardoon plant with lots of seed heads in the Old English Garden



Waterlilies in the pond in the Old English Garden




I sat on a bench under the Wisteria and relaxed for a while looking at the pond and fountain

There were still a few flowers on the Wisteria

There was a fringed curtain of green algae hanging all round the fountain bowl

Huge seed head in the Old English Garden

Lemon Hollyhock flower

Another pretty Waterlily

and another view of the pond and fountain with the Cardoon plant in the background

Beautiful dark pink Hollyhock flower

Back in the main part of the park, I came across flowering Yucca plants



and some lovely orange berries

Back at the lake, there were two female Mallards - one blonde and one in normal colouring

A dog had entered the lake and disturbed the water birds - the Mute Swan hissed loudly at it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment