Monday 18 March 2024

Birds seen in Brancaster Staithe and Titchwell during my first day on the North Norfolk Coast - 4th March 2024

 After I arrived on the bus from Kings Lynn, I dropped my suitcase off at my accommodation and walked along the footpath through the saltmarsh from Burnham Deepdale to Brancaster Staithe.  Below are photos of the birds that I saw during that walk.

Oystercatcher in front of a fishing boat

Dunnock admiring some lovely daffodils

Male Eurasian Teal in the mud

Little Egret

I caught the bus from Brancaster Staithe to RSPB Titchwell Marsh nature reserve.  There were lots of Brent Geese flying above the fields just outside the reserve.



Two Greylag geese were feeding in a muddy field by the nature reserve

I think that this is a Marsh Harrier that landed briefly in the reeds

It was a bit windy for this Avocet

Pair of Avocets feeding in the Freshwater lagoon

A multitude of Golden Plover were standing on a little spit of land at the back of the lagoon

I was fascinated by the raptors flying around in the distance while I waited for the bus outside the reserve

No comments:

Post a Comment