Friday 5 May 2017

Birds in Battersea Park at the end of February

I am afraid I have been very lazy with my blog and have not written anything for months, even though I have been out on lots of walks and taken thousands of photographs.  I am now going to try and catch up - though it may be a very hard task!

At the very end of February I went on another walk around the lake in Battersea Park.  There I saw a male and female gadwall and a lot of black-headed gulls - still black-headed-less.


A black-headed-less gull was posing nicely for me on top of the railing at the edge of the lake.


A magpie decided to join in on the modelling consignment!


There were lots of cormorants standing on branches at the top of a tree.


It was the start of nesting time and here there is a heron standing up in one of the nests at the top of a tree by the lake.


Another heron on the ground was gathering up nesting material.  It has got hold of a twig and just after I took this photograph it flew off to its nest.


Around the other side of the lake, I came across a tufted duck couple.


I have been to Battersea Park again since I took these photos, and to several other parks, and will have to try harder to catch up on the posts in my blog.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment