Saturday 10 December 2016

Gadwalls in the Italian Garden, Kensington Gardens

Yesterday was a very mild day and I was feeling a bit fed up, so my camera decided to take me on a long slow walk round the lakes in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.

When I reached the Italian Garden at the end of the Long Water in Kensington Gardens, I spotted a couple of Gadwalls on one of the ponds.

Here are Mr and Mrs Gadwall, with lots of lovely reflections in the water.


This handsome chap is the drake.


This pretty lady is the duck.


They make a very handsome couple, don't you think?


They were swimming around in the water, trying to get as far away as possible from the mad photographer who was following them around the pond.  Below is another view of Mr Gadwall.


In the photo below is another view of  Mrs Gadwall, who was following the drake wherever he went.


Then they decided to head for the centre of the pond, near the fountain, and do a spot of synchronised diving!


Below is a view of the bull-rushes in one of the four ponds in the Italian Garden.  In the background are the urns and statues round the fountain that overlooks the end of the Long Water.



My camera cheered me up yesterday and also made me have some exercise as it took me at least a couple of hours to walk round both the Long Water and the Serpentine, stopping quite often to take photos of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment