Friday 9 August 2024

Siskins, butterflies and yachts - second visit to RSPB Arne nature reserve on 14th July 2024

I took further advantage of the summer shuttle bus between Wareham railway station and Arne and visited the nature reserve for a second time during my week in Dorset during July.

Great Tit and Siskin on a bird feeder at the entrance to the reserve

Female Siskin with seed

Male Siskin

Gatekeeper butterfly on Ragwort

I was thrilled to see a Marbled White butterfly - first time I have managed to photograph one

Seven-spot Ladybird on seed head amongst the Ragwort flowers

Second Marbled White butterfly - this one has tattered wings

Two Curlews viewed from the top deck of the Shipstal bird hide

Lots of yachts sailing round Brownsea Island

Then lots of yachts with coloured sails

View of Hyde Heath - part of Arne nature reserve

Stonechat on a bush in Hyde Heath

Silver-studded blue butterfly on the heath

Female wild pig in the woodland - there were piglets somewhere hidden away from view!  I did not have time to find them before I had to go back to the entrance in order to get the bus back to Wareham.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment