Saturday 17 February 2024

Wildlife walk round Kew Gardens on 10th February 2024

I haven't been to Kew Gardens for a long, long time, but was due to meet my sister there in order to visit the Orchid Festival on 10th February - so I arrived early and went for a wander around the gardens.  I had a very interesting walk and saw the following flowers, animals and birds.

Grass covered with Spring Crocus

Dad Fox with a Magpie

Three magnificent Mandarin drakes

Hybrid goose - Domestic/Canada cross

Young fox having a big yawn

and then looking very cute!

Someone was feeding the foxes with chicken drumsticks - this fox stopped eating in order to check me out!

It was good to see the Pussy Willow buds near the lake

Mute Swan swimming along the Thames in front of magnificent Syon House

I think that this is another view of the Domestic-Canada goose hybrid

Wood Pigeon strolling amongst the pale lilac Spring crocus

Redwing in damp grass

A Jay flew down from the branch of a tree

Snowdrops in bare earth

One of the many Jackdaws that live in the gardens

Great Tit on a tree branch
 
In the late afternoon I saw several green Rose-ringed Parakeets at the top of a tree that was covered with pink blossom


No comments:

Post a Comment