Friday 29 September 2023

August birding walk with squabbling Kingfishers in Walthamstow Wetlands

During early August I went for a birdwatching walk in Walthamstow Wetlands.  Below are photographs of some of the wildlife that I saw during my visit.

I believe that this is a Cetti's Warbler - my first ever photo of one if I am correct

Great Crested Grebe

Two juvenile Kingfishers - one with a fish that the other wanted, so there was some squabbling and a change of fish owner!



Grey Heron - also with a fish

Common Tern on a post in front of an island in the centre of a reservoir

Great Crested Grebe with a striped juvenile

Little Egret towards the top of a tree on one of the islands

Two juvenile cygnets - one of which is a "Polish" version with white feathers


No comments:

Post a Comment