Thursday 29 October 2020

Black-tailed Godwit wading in the lagoon on Two Tree Island, Leigh-on-Sea

On Monday my camera and I went on a birding visit to Two Tree Island, near Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.  We had a great time and saw many wading birds as it was low tide, but most of them were a long way off in the distance.

After spending some time watching the birds in the lagoon, this obliging Black-tailed Godwit came quite close to where I was perched behind some shrubbery.

As it waded towards me, it's feathers were blowing in the wind on one side.


It spent some time with it's beak down in the water.  Here it has managed to catch a tasty morsel, which is balanced in it's beak.


Searching for snacks in the lagoon


Wading through the water


I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Godwit as it searched for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment