Saturday 5 September 2020

Three beautiful Little Egrets at Walthamstow Wetlands

 Yesterday afternoon my camera and I visited Walthamstow Wetlands.  I firstly walked round the main area of reservoirs near the Engine House visitor centre.  It was a dull overcast day and there was not really that much wildlife around apart from a few ducks and some impossible to photograph fast flying Swallows or House Martins.

I then went across the road to the other section of reservoirs and was happy to see three lovely white Little Egrets standing in an area that was fairly close to the path.  This was the nearest that I have ever managed to get to an Egret, let alone three of them!

One Little Egret was standing on a wall - I just love it's big yellow feet!


Another Little Egret was standing in the water


The third Little Egret was standing on a pipe

Actually, seeing these three Little Egrets just made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment