Tuesday 20 February 2018

Toulouse geese in Exeter

I spent Christmas in Exeter and had a great time watching the Toulouse geese on the river Exe, which I visited several times.

On my first visit, a few of the geese were swimming along the river.  Below are three of the white geese.

There was a mixture of white and brown/grey geese in the water.

My next visit was in the morning on Christmas Day, when I came across a number of the geese waddling along the towpath at the edge of the river.

 I loved this pair of geese standing at the water's edge.

A group of the geese wandered across the path and waddled over the edge of the bank and into the water.

Two of the white geese marched across the towpath.

This small group spent some time admiring the grassy bank at the other side of the path.

This large brown Toulouse goose looks as though it is preparing to hold the carol service later in the day at Exeter Cathedral.  The young Herring gull looked rather bemused at the whole gathering and stared out across the river.

I love these large fat geese waddling slowly along the towpath.

This photograph shows a close-up of the head and neck of one of the geese.  I think it actually looks rather pretty!

This white goose has attitude!

Then the geese decided they had done enough waddling around and they all got into the river and swam off.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. Bird feeders

    ReplyDelete