Saturday 26 November 2016

Great Crested Grebe in Battersea Park

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday so my camera took me for a walk in Battersea Park, which is not far from where I live.

There I was lucky enough to see one of my favourite waterbirds - a Great Crested Grebe.  It was bobbing about all over the place, often disappearing from sight under the water and diving for food.  Below it is pictured with a Black-headed Gull.


In the photograph below, it is joined by a Tufted drake.


Now it is in the middle of a group of five Black-headed Gulls.


As usual, it was not very keen on swimming near to the edge of the lake, so it was quite difficult to get any decent close-up photographs.  Here the Great Crested Grebe is in front of a line of Black-headed Gulls.


Every so often the Grebe did swim near to the path on which I was standing.  The photographs below were taken when the Great Crested Grebe was nearest to me.




I love going to any of London's parks as I never know what beautiful birds I am going to see and they are always different.  I was so lucky to see this Great Crested Grebe swimming in the lake yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment